[mythtv-users] CentOS

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Oct 24 20:35:12 UTC 2004

mythtv at kevinslinks.com wrote:

> The main reason that I would like to stay away from fedora core is
> because they have 4 major releases each year.  I don't want to play
> the fedora upgrade cycle if I can avoid it.  Maybe the fedora upgrade
> is easier than I am thinking.  How was your transition from fedora
> core1 to core2 to core3?

I think you are confused about the fedora core release schedule.

They are only releasing two releases a year.  When they have moved on
the fedora legacy project is going to continue supporting the release
with security updates for about another year.

Many people are still running mythtv on fedora core 1 and will continue
to do so for the next year.

So, don't worry to much about the upgrade cycle.

Michael