[mythtv-users] RE: Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

Travis Kelley rhatguy at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 13:02:45 UTC 2004

Jarod.  couple of questions about your epia.  Do you reboot it every
couple days?  I found that if I rebooted say every 2-3 days I seldom saw
a lockup.  If not what kernel version/patchset are you using?  One sure
fire way I could cause my epia to lock was to start a massive trasfer
while watching live tv or while recording and watching at the same
time.  It seemed that the more bus activity I caused the worse it
got...interestingly though with dma off on the hard drive it almost
never locked.