[mythtv-users] RE: Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

Travis Kelley rhatguy at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 02:53:43 UTC 2004

Just a quick interjection guys.  The m10000 is most likely never going
to be totally stable as long as we/via have the dma problem.  Using a
pvr card causes huge amounts of dma across the bus and this tends to
lock via systems. Reference this thread
http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=60131&enterthread=y

All that said...I have had pretty good success with my m10000,
especially with some of the later versions of ivtv and unichrome.  I
have 0 experience with the via under FC2.  What I use are the kernel
patches from http://www.epiawiki.org/wiki/tiki-index.php and the latest
unichrome X from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102048&package_id=111599.  I know these will be more of a pain to build in FC2 than they are in gentoo, but it can work:)  BTW I think some of the later mythcvs builds had better support for the cle266 and unichrome.  You might also try that at some point.