[mythtv-users] Straighten me out here?

j2 spamfilter2 at mupp.net
Wed Oct 20 18:01:33 UTC 2004

Hello, I am the latest newbie on the list :)

Ive been going over documentations, and list archives for a cpl of days now, and i have found the answers to most of my questions. But here is a few of my ponderings.

1. I have a Celeron 2.4Ghz, 256MB, and a 60GB disk
2. I am pondering purchasing a Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
3. Assemble it all into a realtively quite chassi
4. Get LIRC (or similar) working to control my SetTopBox.

So, i reckon that would be a pretty decent MythTV box?

But, do i still need a VGA card in the system, or can the 350's video out work for this as well?
Also, is there any front end to be able to stream video to stream to a Windows client?

Also, platform. I am a Debian user by heart, but for this project, i want zero hassle, and since it will be a dedicated system, i'll consider any distro, as long as it works nicely with MythTV.

So, anyone feeling like hinting me in here?