[mythtv-users] altering /dev/video0 settings after starting up mythfrontend

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 21:45:18 UTC 2004

Ok, I'm trying to get a PVR-250 MCE to work. I have most everything
done but when I launch the frontend I get fast video and crackly
sound. If I rmmod ivtv and then modprobe ivtv and then test it by
doing cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg and then mplayer test.mpg it works
and everything seems fine. If I starup mythfrontend the sound gets all
weird and the video seems a little too fast. Mythbackend seems to have
no effect. I am going to try and record a show on mythbackend with a
freshly modprobed ivtv and see what happens. (maybe it's the video
card?)

System:
1.8Ghz Athlon K7
512MB RAM
40GB ext3 main drive (with os, etc...)
200GB /mnt/store drive using XFS
PVR-250 MCE using ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck115
Chaintech nVidia 5200FX using NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111
running on debian with a patched kernel v. 2.6 (patched from:
http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/msg00773.html)
Using onboard sound (via82xx module)
Using CVS version of mythtv but similar things happened when running
the latest tarball.

Am I just an idiot and missed something during the setup? I checked
and DMA is active on both drives, played with use video as time source
etc... I'm at my wits end!
-Chris
--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi