[mythtv-users] S.O.S. : General h/w question

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Thu Oct 14 21:05:17 UTC 2004

zardoz at zardoz.ath.cx wrote:

PCChips is a very obscure brand, mostly used by white-box vendors.
Their quality seems to be pretty variable.  They once had a really
original board, a Intel440BX system that allowed dual CPU.  I would
probably steer clear if I found one in a store, because they don't do
BIOS upgrades very often.

If you want a cheaper 2nd tier motherboard stick with MSI, AOpen, DFI,
EPoX and maybe ECS; these are not in any particular order.  These are
all well respected 2nd Tier Vendors that make decent inexpensive product.

The PCChips probably doesn't support Fan Speed Control, so you'll need
to insert something like a Zalman FanMate, or use an external fan
control module, to make the fan do what you want.

Good Luck

Yan