[mythtv-users] performance and missing channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 9 08:39:21 EDT 2004

On 10/08/2004 11:06 AM, Tilman Kispersky wrote:

> Lastly, the video on some cable channels is garbled.
> It was suggested to me that this was due to the fact that I have
> digital cable, with which the picture is encrypted and that this problem
> might be solved by running the output of the cable box into mythtv rather
> than the direct cable signal.
>
> Alternatively, maybe this has to with the frequency table requiring
> more adjustment.
> (which seemed to help a lot last time)
> Does anyone have experience with this problem using digital cable??

Use MythWeb to specify fine tuning for the channels that are garbled.
Try both positive and negative values in small increments (i.e. the
value may end up being -7 or something on that order of magnitude).
Also, I would appreciate your reporting back with the values (by
channel) you decided to use.  They may help me to add code to the tuner
to make auto-tuning better.  The tuner is using the parameters
identified by the data sheet, but some people have reported problems
with some channels--and I'm still looking for a pattern.  :)

Thanks.

Mike