[mythtv-users] Matrox G400: Blue screen watching TV or recordedprograms

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sat Oct 9 00:18:31 UTC 2004

Hi Joe,

> You don't say what Linux distribution you're running, or what
> version of XFree86/Xorg you're using, but I suspect that
> you're facing an Xorg bug.

I am using KnoppMyth R4V5, which is Debian (unstable?) and I believe XFree86
v4.3 .

> I've never been able to get my G400 to work with an
> XF86Config, I've always had to use fbset.  Every time I
> generate mode lines with fbset -x, I alwasy get invalid
> (according to the X server) values.

Would you by any chance be able to post what you do to get your TVOut
working through the framebuffer?  If that works better than X (and
presumably fewer resources??), then I would prefer to do that.

TIA,

Alan Murrell