[mythtv-users] Will Myth let the HD spin down?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Tue Oct 5 22:49:29 UTC 2004

On a myth-only system, will MythTV let the HD spin down between
recordings/playback? Since my Pundit doesn't support PXE I'm considering
moving all I can (right now I'm only thinking about the database and the
recordings) to a server, so I'm wondering what else on the box accesses
the HD.

Alternatively, I'll just throw in an old (small) HD that only loads a
kernel, mounts everything over NFS (can the kernel itself be on another
box, i.e. can I have grub look for the kernel over NFS?), and goes from
there. The important thing is that the HD in the Pundit gets to spin down,
since it gets bloody hot in there with a 7200rpm HD, a PVR350, a PVR250, a
2.4GHz P4 and a DVD drive... :)