[mythtv-users] Use digital or analog from DVD drive with MythDVD?

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Fri Oct 1 15:28:44 EDT 2004

Will mythdvd with native alsa support play and rip using the digital
out on my NEC ND-2510A DVD +/-RW drive?

If it can use the digital out from the DVD:
I just bought it as OEM (bare drive) and can't find any specs for the
digital out either.  I have a shuttle mn31n mobo with an asus spdif
coax in/out adapter card, should the digital out from the dvd drive
plug into the adapter card's coax input or directly into the mobo's
spdif input?  I'm not sure if the adapter does any voltage level
shifting or just provides more output drive for longer distances.

Still no digital sound out from mythmusic.  Anybody have any
suggestions for that?

Thanks,
Vinton