[mythtv-users] Problem in latest nvidia kernel modules?

Matthew Conway wr0ngers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 03:57:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:43:46 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> # mknod /dev/nvidia0 c 195 0
> # mknod /dev/nvidia1 c 195 1
> # mknod /dev/nvidia2 c 195 2
> # mknod /dev/nvidia3 c 195 3
> # mknod /dev/nvidiactl c 195 255

You da man!  Worked like a charm - wish I had come here right away
instead of screwing with it for a few hours! =)  The only problem I'm
noticing now is that it takes forever for X to start with 6629 (10-20
secs before first visual).  Any ideas?

Of _course_ I pick the one day things are completely broken to try and
upgrade everything  including the latest nvidia. Probably didn't help
matters that I tried to save time by doing a dist-upgrade +
kernel/ivtv/nvidia all at the same time.  Of course, shortcuts always
end up slowing you down as I had to then revert each in turn to find
out where it really broke.  =D

Anyway, running an at-stable dist-upgrade from today + kernel 2.6.9 w/
nvidia 6629 and ivtv 0.2.0-55_rc2j without any problems (yet!) except
the slow X start =)

--

Matthew Conway
w r 0 n g e r s  a t  g m a i l  d o t  c o m