[mythtv-users] Problem in latest nvidia kernel modules?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 24 23:43:46 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 15:30, Franco wrote:
> > It seems there is a big issue with nvidia 6629 and via chipsets. Is that
> > your case?
>
> Yes, it is my case.
>
> > In the nvidia forum people is talking about a black screen with the
> > mouse cursor.
>
> No, in my case X just doesn't start.
>
> I would suggest Axel to change the archives so that apt-get
> automatically reverts to previous version untill the problem is fixed...

There are new builds due shortly. ATrpms uses the same spec file for building
across multiple distributions. On occasion, that can cause issues when there
are significant differences between distro versions. For some reason,
rpmbuild didn't behave, and device nodes didn't get created after a spec file
change to account for the way FC3 handles devices (udev). For the moment, you
can manually create all the necessary nVidia device nodes, and everything
will be peachy.

Off the top of my head, I believe that would be:

# mknod /dev/nvidia0 c 195 0
# mknod /dev/nvidia1 c 195 1
# mknod /dev/nvidia2 c 195 2
# mknod /dev/nvidia3 c 195 3