[mythtv-users] MythRecipe source code

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:30:17 UTC 2004

Ok, I'm not a professional C++ coder or anything and I have no idea
how mythtv works with plugins and such. In fact I've only done some
basic stuff in C++. However I would like to learn how to do more
complex stuff with C++ and I figure that mythrecipe would be a good
place to start. (since development by it's creator seems to have
stopped) I do have a fairly good understanding of database concepts
and such. I have already built my own basic web-recipe program for my
own personal use so it's not as complex as the ReciPants database that
mythrecipe uses. Is anyone out there interested in helping me with the
mythtv/C++ side of things?

Also are people interested in keeping with the existing database
design or just starting from scratch? Also I am looking through some
of the code and I can't seem to find any instructions on setting it
up. I'd apreciate it if someone who is currently using it could tell
me what database it's using.
-Chris

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:16:01 -0800, Ross Campbell
<ross.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:12:10 -0500, Chad Schaaf <chad at web-plusonline.com> wrote:
> > I have tried to download the source for MythRecipe from the site that has
> > been posted and it doesn't resolve anymore.  Does anyone have any source
> > code for this module that would work with Mythtv version 16, which what I
> > have running.  I would also be cool if this module could integrate with
> > mythweb.  Please let me know if someone has the source for this module.
> > Thanks!
>
> The site hosting mythFM and mythrecipe (http://mythextra.napsi.net )
> seems to be permanently down. I suppose this also means that the
> mythmail and mythkaraoke modules are unlikely to materialize any time
> soon.
>
> After scouring the web, I found src rpms for the latest released code
> here: http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.0/SRPMS/
>
> With these, you can install the src, and build it.
>
> Beware - I tried building the latest mythrecipe without any previous
> versions installed, and it required some hacking of configs to get
> things installed and I still haven't gotten it completely working.
> Would love to hear from others who get a new install of mythrecipe to
> work.
>
> and I would like to see this and the mythFM module continue on...
>
> Oh, and mythkaraoke? Anyone working on this? If we could have a midi
> .kar file player that displayed text like VanBasco's MIDI Karaoke
> player for Windows in full screen mode
> (http://www.vanbasco.com/midi_player_with_full_screen_karaoke_display/
> ), that would be a very nice addition.
>
> Here's an alpha-level GNOME project - http://gkaraoke.sourceforge.net/
>
> Here's an opensource project for a Windows DirectX karaoke filter -
> http://karaoke-dx.sourceforge.net/
>
> Here's one for java:
> http://miageprojet.unice.fr/twiki/bin/view/Fun/ScreenshotsPage
>
> -Ross

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi