[mythtv-users] MythRecipe source code

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:16:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:12:10 -0500, Chad Schaaf <chad at web-plusonline.com> wrote:
> I have tried to download the source for MythRecipe from the site that has
> been posted and it doesn't resolve anymore.  Does anyone have any source
> code for this module that would work with Mythtv version 16, which what I
> have running.  I would also be cool if this module could integrate with
> mythweb.  Please let me know if someone has the source for this module.
> Thanks!

The site hosting mythFM and mythrecipe (http://mythextra.napsi.net )
seems to be permanently down. I suppose this also means that the
mythmail and mythkaraoke modules are unlikely to materialize any time
soon.

After scouring the web, I found src rpms for the latest released code
here: http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.0/SRPMS/

With these, you can install the src, and build it.

Beware - I tried building the latest mythrecipe without any previous
versions installed, and it required some hacking of configs to get
things installed and I still haven't gotten it completely working.
Would love to hear from others who get a new install of mythrecipe to
work.

and I would like to see this and the mythFM module continue on...

Oh, and mythkaraoke? Anyone working on this? If we could have a midi
.kar file player that displayed text like VanBasco's MIDI Karaoke
player for Windows in full screen mode
(http://www.vanbasco.com/midi_player_with_full_screen_karaoke_display/
), that would be a very nice addition.

Here's an alpha-level GNOME project - http://gkaraoke.sourceforge.net/

Here's an opensource project for a Windows DirectX karaoke filter -
http://karaoke-dx.sourceforge.net/

Here's one for java:
http://miageprojet.unice.fr/twiki/bin/view/Fun/ScreenshotsPage

-Ross