[mythtv-users] OT: no spdif using alsa (see error)
john at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed Mar 24 09:09:43 EST 2004
That did it (at least no more error.. I can't hear the output as I'm
working on my box (Vancouver, WA) from Atlanta, but as soon as I get
home, I'll give a listen.
Thanks so much Billy, and Thanks also to Nick Dyer to help me with
mapping oss-pcm-snd to device 2 so that Myth will work as well as Mplayer.
Billy Macdonald wrote:
> Here is a vague answer. I think I had the same problem. If I remember
>correctly the spdif device is device 2 on the audio but the alsa files has it
>hardcoded as device 1. There is some file in the alsa sources where I had to
>change a device=1 to device=2 I think. I think it was called nforce something
>or nvidia something.... I switched motherboards since then so that the faster
>processor was my everday PC since it was being under utilized.
> Oh crap that's a usless answer. Ok, found the thread that I used to fix my
>problem, which I think was the same problem you're having. Look at Takashi's
>fix near the bottom for the NFORCE.conf. Of course it didn't help the person
>with the problem in the thread but I know it fixed one of my ALSA issues.
More information about the mythtv-users