[mythtv-users] OT: no spdif using alsa (see error)

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed Mar 24 09:09:43 EST 2004

That did it (at least no more error.. I can't hear the output as I'm
working on my box (Vancouver, WA) from Atlanta, but as soon as I get
home, I'll give a listen.

Thanks so much Billy, and Thanks also to Nick Dyer to help me with
mapping oss-pcm-snd to device 2 so that Myth will work as well as Mplayer.
--
John <><

Billy Macdonald wrote:

>Ok,
>
>    Here is a vague answer.  I think I had the same problem.  If I remember
>correctly the spdif device is device 2 on the audio but the alsa files has it
>hardcoded as device 1.  There is some file in the alsa sources where I had to
>change a device=1 to device=2 I think.  I think it was called nforce something
>or nvidia something....  I switched motherboards since then so that the faster
>processor was my everday PC since it was being under utilized.
>
>    Oh crap that's a usless answer.  Ok, found the thread that I used to fix my
>problem, which I think was the same problem you're having.  Look at Takashi's
>fix near the bottom for the NFORCE.conf.  Of course it didn't help the person
>with the problem in the thread but I know it fixed one of my ALSA issues.
>
>http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09338.html
>
>Billy

[snip]