[mythtv-users] OT: no spdif using alsa (see error)

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 00:53:20 EST 2004

Ok,

    Here is a vague answer.  I think I had the same problem.  If I remember
correctly the spdif device is device 2 on the audio but the alsa files has it
hardcoded as device 1.  There is some file in the alsa sources where I had to
change a device=1 to device=2 I think.  I think it was called nforce something
or nvidia something....  I switched motherboards since then so that the faster
processor was my everday PC since it was being under utilized.

    Oh crap that's a usless answer.  Ok, found the thread that I used to fix my
problem, which I think was the same problem you're having.  Look at Takashi's
fix near the bottom for the NFORCE.conf.  Of course it didn't help the person
with the problem in the thread but I know it fixed one of my ALSA issues.

http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09338.html

Billy