[mythtv-users] What's everyone think of this device?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:42:09 EST 2004

>From: Dex West <dexwest at yahoo.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] What's everyone think of this device?
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:17:58 -0800 (PST)
>
>SMC is offering a Wireless Media reciever.  I'd be
>interested to know what people think of this concept?
>
>http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10352368&dcaid=1688

The SMC site says it only has composite video and analog stereo out.
Max resolution is 704x480, 4 Mbps MPEG2.  The price is somewhat
low, but I don't know if it's worth it for these specs.

Also, they apparently only support Windoze w/ an HT processor
(though I guess such limitations haven't presented a problem for the
Open Source community in the past)    ;-)

-- Harry O.