[mythtv-users] Couldn't read data from capture card.....

Poobah poobah at techsquadron.com
Wed Mar 10 00:29:01 EST 2004

Michael,
            I had a similar problem, and my kernel log had an entry of
"ivtv giving up pending DMA clear."  It usually locked up within 5-10
seconds for me.  Using lspci -v I found that my PVR-250 had the same IRQ
as one of the two Ethernet adapters in my machine (I'm booting and
streaming a diskless frontend off that card).  I swapped the alias eth0
and alias eth1 in my /etc/modules.conf and the problem went away.

Hope that helps!

Mark Hanson