[mythtv-users] Re:Lirc problems w/PVR-250

Jason Livingston dergibjl2-nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 00:14:15 EST 2004

I just got my WinTV 250 (rev 3) and I'm having the EXACT same problem.
lirc_dev and lirc_i2c load without complaint, lircd starts normally,
but irw and mythtv don't see any keypresses from the remote (I tried
another Philips-compatible remote and still didn't see anything
happen).

One thing though... the docs refer to a Hauppauge grey or black remote,
but my remote is gold! (the buttons are grey, the top plastic surface
is gold, and the bottom plastic surface is very dark blue/almost
black). I assumed this was just the newer "grey" remote, but maybe its
an even newer Hauppauge remote that doesn't have a config file written
yet?

Thanks,
Jason

----Original Message by alevinsn at aracnet.com----
This appears to be the second post that discusses the same problem (the

first was included in the Notes on Jarod's guide e-mail from earlier
today). I also experience this problem, and I did a recent Fedora
install
using Jarod's guide (and encountered basically all of the issues
discussed
in the "Notes on Jarod's guide e-mail). At first, I thought that maybe
the PVR-250 hardware was defective, at least with respect to the IR
cable
or IR port, but as other people have encountered the same problem, I'm
starting to doubt that it is a hardware problem. I guess, if all of us
that are suffering from the same problem purchased the PVR-250 recently

(like I did), it could be a defective hardware problem with recent
versions of the card. I was considering putting the card in a Windows
system to see if I could get IR working there, but at this point, I
doubt
that it is a hardware issue.

Aaron Levinson