[mythtv-users] Re:Lirc problems w/PVR-250

Jason Livingston dergibjl2-nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 00:14:15 EST 2004

I just got my WinTV 250 (rev 3) and I'm having the EXACT same problem.
lirc_dev and lirc_i2c load without complaint, lircd starts normally,
but irw and mythtv don't see any keypresses from the remote (I tried
another Philips-compatible remote and still didn't see anything

One thing though... the docs refer to a Hauppauge grey or black remote,
but my remote is gold! (the buttons are grey, the top plastic surface
is gold, and the bottom plastic surface is very dark blue/almost
black). I assumed this was just the newer "grey" remote, but maybe its
an even newer Hauppauge remote that doesn't have a config file written

----Original Message by alevinsn at aracnet.com----
This appears to be the second post that discusses the same problem (the

first was included in the Notes on Jarod's guide e-mail from earlier
today). I also experience this problem, and I did a recent Fedora
using Jarod's guide (and encountered basically all of the issues
in the "Notes on Jarod's guide e-mail). At first, I thought that maybe
the PVR-250 hardware was defective, at least with respect to the IR
or IR port, but as other people have encountered the same problem, I'm
starting to doubt that it is a hardware problem. I guess, if all of us
that are suffering from the same problem purchased the PVR-250 recently

(like I did), it could be a defective hardware problem with recent
versions of the card. I was considering putting the card in a Windows
system to see if I could get IR working there, but at this point, I
that it is a hardware issue.

Aaron Levinson