[mythtv-users] Slow-down between v0.13 and 0.14?
reynolds at cs.duke.edu
Fri Mar 5 16:05:21 EST 2004
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, jdpotter at excite.com wrote:
> Or that mythfrontend thinks I'm using a software driver rather than the
> nVidia GeForce4's hardware accelerated Xv.
That's easy enough to find out. First run 'xvinfo' to make sure there's
XV support at all. Some cards disable XV support in strange modes -- my
S3 won't do XV in interlaced modes, for example. Then stop mythfrontend
and run it in an xterm. It spits out some debugging information as it
runs. If it can't find XV you'll see this:
* Couldn't find Xv support, falling back to non-Xv mode.
* MythTV performance will be much slower since color
* conversion and scaling will be done in software.
* Consider upgrading your video card or X server if
* you would like better performance.
More information about the mythtv-users