[mythtv-users] Slow-down between v0.13 and 0.14?

jdpotter at excite.com jdpotter at excite.com
Thu Mar 4 23:54:22 EST 2004

Still no relief from this problem (playback pegs the CPU, while I can watch during recording with no problem).  Someone privately suggested
looking for transcoding being enabled, but it wasn't.  I disabled
all filters running during playback, but still no better.

I find I can get Mplayer to play the raw .nuv files, which it does
at about 45% CPU load.  I can't help but think another thread is
attempting to play the same video simultaneously.  Or that
mythfrontend thinks I'm using a software driver rather than the
nVidia GeForce4's hardware accelerated Xv.