[mythtv-users] commercial "entertainment PCs"

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Mar 2 17:50:12 EST 2004

> I also like the idea, but from a little other view i guess...

There is already a company in Italy doing just this...  Not sure how
well they're faring, I believe that there was also some bad blood
regarding them not linking to the source code on their web page.

Either way, it becomes a support nightmare.  You either have to charge
fees for updates (myth isn't anywhere near stable and auto-updatable
yet, and xmltv will almost assuredly need updates as tiem goes on), tv
program info feeds (spidering it like we do now is not a viable option
for a legit business), or just in general to make up for selling the
hardware at a competitive price.

There has been a lot of talk about this on the list in the past.  It's
not an impossible idea, but it's more work than most of us would want to
put into something with very little chance of payout.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer