[mythtv-users] No sound in LiveTV

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jun 23 05:43:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a weird problem with MythTV. I have a PVR-350 and after getting
itvtv set up for my card initially everything was working fine in
MythTV. But now I don't have sound when I try LiveTV.

 1. More precisely, let's say I boot my computer. Then I do 'mplayer
/dev/video'. There I have sound, there's no problem.
 2. If program MythTV to record shows and then watch the shows I have
sound. No problem there.
 3. However, when I use the LiveTV mode then I don't get any sound (the
image is just fine though).
 4. Also, after I have used LiveTV, any new recording doesn't have sound
either. And 'mplayer /dev/video' also doesn't have sound.
 5. If I unload all the ivtv drivers and type 'mplayer /dev/video' again
then I'm back to point 1.

So when in LiveTV mode MythTV must be doing something to the PVR-350
that causes it to loose sound. At about the time this problem appeared I
may have played with the transcoding options. Could it have something to
do with that? How would I reset all the transcoding options?

 Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't
                                 -- Eric Jong