[mythtv-users] Re: Audio Authority 9A60 blank screen?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jun 10 16:03:39 EDT 2004

On Thursday 10 June 2004 07:53, Christopher Vargas wrote:
> Finally, something I might be able to help with!
> First off, check this page:
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/9a60.asp
> ...note the big red letters that say "Does not work
> with Panasonic HDTV/HD-Ready TV." So, since the
> original poster has a Panny, it might not work at all.

That posting is far from accurate. The folks at Audio Authority *developed*
the 9A60 on a Panasonic HDTV. To boot, I'm using mine with a Panasonic HDTV.
There *are* a few LCD Panny HDTVs that are known not to work, but the blanket
statement that they don't work is false.

> In addition, I'd originally gotten a 9A60 and RMA'd it
> because I saw ZERO signal (hooked to a Toshiba 42H81);
> not even anything during POST or when booting into
> Safe mode under Windows. This was with an older
> machine and motherboard and a GeForce Ti4200.
> When the new 9A60 still didn't show a signal, I hooked
> it to a newer machine and a Radeon 9000. Bingo, POST
> appeared on screen, Safe mode worked. So it was either
> the Ti4200, or the older motherboard, or an old BIOS,
> or something.

Probably just differences in video modes. I've used a Ti4600 with mine just
fine, along with a few GF4MX cards. I see next to nothing until X
initializes. (I've also briefly used a SiS Xabre 400 w/it, can't recall all
the results, and my Radeon 9000 Pro died on me before I could test it).

- --
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...