[mythtv-users] Re: Audio Authority 9A60 blank screen?

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Thu Jun 10 14:12:56 EDT 2004

Christopher Vargas wrote:

>Finally, something I might be able to help with!
>
>First off, check this page:
>
>http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/9a60.asp
>
>...note the big red letters that say "Does not work
>with Panasonic HDTV/HD-Ready TV." So, since the
>original poster has a Panny, it might not work at all.
>
>In addition, I'd originally gotten a 9A60 and RMA'd it
>because I saw ZERO signal (hooked to a Toshiba 42H81);
>not even anything during POST or when booting into
>Safe mode under Windows. This was with an older
>machine and motherboard and a GeForce Ti4200.
>
>When the new 9A60 still didn't show a signal, I hooked
>it to a newer machine and a Radeon 9000. Bingo, POST
>appeared on screen, Safe mode worked. So it was either
>the Ti4200, or the older motherboard, or an old BIOS,
>or something.

To follow that up, You might consider the kd-vtca3 from Key Digital.  I
got the kd-vtca1 when it was still available, but the vta3 is supposed
to be better, it also has vga pass-through so you can still power your
monitor if you want..  it's a bit steep at around $149.
http://www.keydigital.com/Itemdesc.asp?CartId={07F221B9-13B1-460C-ADCC-9E3E063821EVERESTB0}&ic=KDVTCA3&Tp=

You could probably dump your 9a60 at e-bay.

--
Good Luck

John <><