[mythtv-users] mythvideo and removable media

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Tue Jun 1 14:48:15 EDT 2004

Hi Leo,

I just make and submit a patch which allow to play movie on cd/dvd data
in videobrowser. Like you said, i made an auto umount or eject feature
when you leave handle function. see in dev list.
Leo Weppelman wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 11:29:09PM +0200, Leo Weppelman wrote:
>
>>On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 06:05:29PM +0200, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>>
>>>How fetch the cd label ?
>>>but CD-Label are not unique !
>>>is there a way to identify a cd ?
>>
>>The isofs supports a volume id (see: mkisofs -V ) I normally supply this
>>parameter when burning a CD. That's why I suggested to take that as the
>>default CD identification and allow the user to change it in case it
>>is not properly filled in. The label is in the isofs 'superblock'.
>

> I found a utility that might be of use: isoinfo. It comes with mkisofs. If
> I run it on one of the Stargate cd's I get:
>   # isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdrom
>   CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
>   System id: LINUX
>   Volume id: Stargate_509+510
>   Volume set id:
>   Publisher id:
>   Data preparer id:
>   Application id: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD ...
>   Copyright File id:
>   Abstract File id:
>   Bibliographic File id:
>   Volume set size is: 1
>   Volume set sequence number is: 1
>   Logical block size is: 2048
>   Volume size is: 329808
>   Joliet with UCS level 3 found
>   Rock Ridge signatures version 1 found
>   #
>

> PS: I saw there was a patch already. I'll try it ASAP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leo.

Can you tell me what volname return on this cd ?
I prefer to not install other soft, then i think i will not use isoinfo
(a lot of dependance ...)

Xavier