[mythtv-users] mythvideo and removable media

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Tue Jun 1 14:24:52 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 11:29:09PM +0200, Leo Weppelman wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 06:05:29PM +0200, Xavier Hervy wrote:
> > How fetch the cd label ?
> > but CD-Label are not unique !
> > is there a way to identify a cd ?
>
> The isofs supports a volume id (see: mkisofs -V ) I normally supply this
> parameter when burning a CD. That's why I suggested to take that as the
> default CD identification and allow the user to change it in case it
> is not properly filled in. The label is in the isofs 'superblock'.

I found a utility that might be of use: isoinfo. It comes with mkisofs. If
I run it on one of the Stargate cd's I get:
  # isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdrom
  CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
  System id: LINUX
  Volume id: Stargate_509+510
  Volume set id:
  Publisher id:
  Data preparer id:
  Application id: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD ...
  Copyright File id:
  Abstract File id:
  Bibliographic File id:
  Volume set size is: 1
  Volume set sequence number is: 1
  Logical block size is: 2048
  Volume size is: 329808
  Joliet with UCS level 3 found
  Rock Ridge signatures version 1 found
  #

PS: I saw there was a patch already. I'll try it ASAP.

Thanks,

Leo.