[mythtv-users] mythvideo and removable media

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Tue Jun 1 15:32:12 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 08:48:15PM +0200, Xavier Hervy wrote:
> Hi Leo,
>
> I just make and submit a patch which allow to play movie on cd/dvd data
> in videobrowser. Like you said, i made an auto umount or eject feature
> when you leave handle function. see in dev list.

Yes, I saw it. I am eager to try it out! Fast work ;-)

> >I run it on one of the Stargate cd's I get:
> >  # isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdrom
> >  CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
> >  System id: LINUX
> >  Volume id: Stargate_509+510

> Can you tell me what volname return on this cd ?

 # volname /dev/cdrom
 Stargate_509+510
 #

Exactly the same.

> I prefer to not install other soft, then i think i will not use isoinfo
> (a lot of dependance ...)

Note that volname is part of the 'eject' package.  While isoinfo comes with
the 'mkisofs' package. Neither needed to be installed for mythtv.  I am
using Debian by the way (in case it matters ;-)

Leo.