[mythtv-users] 1080i 120 Hz modeline

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Jul 20 14:06:15 EDT 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> ]What TV/monitor *does* this work on?  Certainly it's not a standard ATSC
> ]mode?
>
> I'm using an old IBM P260, which I believe is a rebranded Sony monitor.
> It's a nice monitor, it can handle 1920x1440 progressive at 75hz, but I
> got it from a junk dealer for cheap. I think the P275 is the current
> top of the line from IBM.

Yeah, there are hundreds of 'em (P275) in the building here at work.
Now that the infant mortality seems to have trailed off, I agree... nice
screen.

When I get some time (maybe Wednesday; if not, not until next week) I
want to try to hook up my new vsync code to do true deinterlacing with
XvMC... you'll recall you can tell XvMC which field to show.  If this
works you'd get XvMC *and* deinterlacing *and* be able to scale the
output video, all at the same time.  So you could use a 1920x540p (or
1080p) mode, refreshed at any multiple of 60Hz, and it would look great.
  If you want to try to beat me to it, I left you some breadcrumbs
(search for "DTK") in that patch.

-Doug