[mythtv-users] 1080i 120 Hz modeline

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Tue Jul 20 13:45:35 EDT 2004

]What TV/monitor *does* this work on?  Certainly it's not a standard ATSC
]mode?

I'm using an old IBM P260, which I believe is a rebranded Sony monitor.
It's a nice monitor, it can handle 1920x1440 progressive at 75hz, but I
got it from a junk dealer for cheap. I think the P275 is the current
top of the line from IBM.

The phosphor is not designed for low refresh rates so I needed something
faster. Right now I'm using 1920x1080 progresive at 90 hz, which I want
to make work with MythTV. The 1080i at 120hz is problematic because
you will get each set of fields displayed twice, which will give you
ghosting. I think displaying one field at a time in progressive mode is
the way to go when using a computer monitor. And, using 1080i at 60Hz
gives you unbearable flicker.

-- Daniel
  << When truth is outlawed; only outlaws will tell the truth. >> - RLiegh