[mythtv-users] E: nvidia new drivers hdtv/interlacing, any benefit for us non HDTV people?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Jul 5 08:31:02 EDT 2004

HI!

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> It's highly dependent on the shows you watch,  most shows I watch look
> perfect as long as I have the A/V sync turned on, those that don't look

You mean the experimental A/V sync? What about jitter reduction?

> fine with kerneldeint added to the mix.  The quality exceeds that of my

Why do I need kerneldeint do output interlaced video to an interlaced
device?

> Tivo, which I used for years.  It might be very obvious to you because
> there's something wrong with your config.  nVidia TV out can look rather
> crappy if everything isn't just so.   But this has been discussed to
> death here on the mailing list.

At least not lately. I am reading here since february and I do not know
exactly, what I'm doing wrong, so that the PVR-350 TV-out looks THAT
much better.

Thomas