[mythtv-users] E: nvidia new drivers hdtv/interlacing, any benefit for us non HDTV people?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Jul 5 08:03:55 EDT 2004

Chris Vargas wrote:

>I was actually referring to the more basic ability of
>someone to detect whether they're getting correct
>interlaced source playback via tv-out, regardless of
>which nVidia drivers are in use. It's very obvious to
>me when it's not correct--I'm surprised it's less
>obvious to others.

It's highly dependent on the shows you watch,  most shows I watch look
perfect as long as I have the A/V sync turned on, those that don't look
fine with kerneldeint added to the mix.  The quality exceeds that of my
Tivo, which I used for years.  It might be very obvious to you because
there's something wrong with your config.  nVidia TV out can look rather
crappy if everything isn't just so.   But this has been discussed to
death here on the mailing list.