[mythtv-users] Kernel build causes skipping

Poobah poobah at techsquadron.com
Sat Jan 3 15:47:41 EST 2004

I've recently rebuilt my stock RH9 kernel using the 2.4.23 source from
kernel.org to include support for LIRC.  Now mythbackend is using
60-70%+ CPU, with X and mythfrontend using the other 30%, with 0% idle.
I'm now getting occasional skips when watching live TV.  Previously,
mythbackend used around 50%, and there was 15-30% idle.  Playback of a
recorded show is fine.
I'm using version 0.13 of myth (from atRPMs) with an ATI-TV Wonder LE
running on a P4 1.8GHz.  I've enabled P4 in the kernel, and verified
that the hard drives are running UDMA.  It appears to be more CPU bound
than HD.  Any other suggestions on kernel options that might need to be
enabled?

TIA,
Mark Hanson