[mythtv-users] Where to place satellite receiver?

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 02:32:31 EST 2004

>>What if you have multiple frontends?  Is a single satellite receiver
>>hooked into the backend sufficient to handle two or more PVR-250s that
>>might be operating simultaneously?
> You need one receiver for each PVR-250 that is operating because the
> Satellite receiver is what tunes and decodes the channel for you. In this
> case you'll really just use the PVR-250's S-Video input and control the
> receiver with some sort of external tuner script (configurable in Myth).

Thanks.  What if the receiver has two tuners?  I'm thinking of the Dish
322 (picture of rear at
), wondering if it could provide input to two PVR-250s simultaneously.
What's not clear to me is whether you need to have two dishes attached
before you can use the two tuners.  Also, it appears to only have one
S-video out...