[mythtv-users] Where to place satellite receiver?

Anthony anthony_myth at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 00:17:08 EST 2004

I keep my one of DirecTV receivers next to my backend, but I only use one
for PVR purposes.

> What if you have multiple frontends?  Is a single satellite receiver
> hooked into the backend sufficient to handle two or more PVR-250s that
> might be operating simultaneously?

You need one receiver for each PVR-250 that is operating because the
Satellite receiver is what tunes and decodes the channel for you. In this
case you'll really just use the PVR-250's S-Video input and control the
receiver with some sort of external tuner script (configurable in Myth).