[mythtv-users] Where to place satellite receiver?

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 23:37:14 EST 2004

For those of you who have satellite receivers (Dish, DirectTV) and run a
remote frontend - do you keep the receiver right next to the backend?
Or do you keep it near your A/V equipment and run a feed from it to your
backend?

What if you have multiple frontends?  Is a single satellite receiver
hooked into the backend sufficient to handle two or more PVR-250s that
might be operating simultaneously?

I'm signing up with Dish Network and for now I'd like to have a single,
quiet frontend near my A/V equipment and the backend on a server in
another room.  I'm not sure where I should physically place the
satellite receiver, because it will influence which walls I hack through
to bring in the satellite feed.  Just really confused about how to fit
all of this together! :-(

Thanks.