[mythtv-users] Jarod's Guide / atRPMs general questions

Dan wolf mboverload at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 11:10:15 UTC 2004

Horrible?  I don't know about you, but I ran only a hardware firewall
with a WINDOWS machine for at least 2 months and never got a virus.
When I finally got a software firewall, it has never detected any
attack attempts.  Maybe it is because I run a very tight shop, but I
have never had a problem with security.

No spyware, either (Firefox).  Maybe my IP block is just not popular
with hackers or someting....  Don't take my message as a sign of
ignorance, because it is most certainly not, but the last time I got a
virus that ran or did any damage was on Windows 98.  Hell, I didn't
even get Blaster or any other of the big recent ones.  I keep my
computer on 24/7 on an always-on connection, which makes my story seem
even more impossible, I suppose.