[mythtv-users] Bundle of questions

Marc-David Meijer mythtv at xiz.demon.nl
Thu Dec 30 12:15:50 UTC 2004

Hi Hugo,

I've been playing with Myth since version 0.15, and I recently upgraded to
0.16.
I also found the same problem as you describe under 1. My guess is it's
because I'm using only 800x600. Connected to this is another problem; most
letters are 'cut off', i.e. the 'g' doesn't fit on a line, and the bottom
part is cut of, everywhere in the menus.

However, it seems to me that all you are missing in the setup-screens are
the 'next' and 'previous' buttons. I could very well manage to without
seeing them.

2. Perhaps running mythtvsetup? Afaik, you can do whatever you want there.

3. Looking at your homepage-adress, you're from The Netherlands, and you can
use tv_grab_nl. It grabs all information from tvgids.nl. It's incredibly
slow, but it works. I run it every night, it takes about 3 hours to
complete, but hey, who cares :-)
In mythtvsetup you have an option where you specify from what country you
are, after setting that, mythfilldatabase (the program that actually takes
the output from tv_grab_nl and inserts in into the database) will
automatically use the right grabber. However, if you can't get it to work
from the setup program, you can also simply run "mythfilldatabase --manual"
after you're done setting up the rest.

Keep in mind, first make a list with xawtv of what channel is on what
frequency. Make a list like: NL1 is on channel E9, NL2 is on channel E11,
etc. Do this for all channels you want to show up in Mythtv.
mythfilldatabase is going to ask for it, it's nice to know what to answer.

Best regards,
Marc-David