[mythtv-users] X through PVR350 probs

sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com
Tue Dec 28 18:08:37 UTC 2004

I run MythTV without a window manager by calling a seperate script for starting X on the PVR-350's tv out port (since I run a regular X session on my VGA card).
Notice that I "exec" mythfrontend rather than a window manager like Gnome or KDE

root at host:~# cat startX
#!/bin/sh
xinit /root/startXrc -- /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg :1 vt12 -layout "Hauppauge Layout"

root at host:~# cat startXrc
#!/bin/sh
mythbackend --daemon --logfile /home/www/data/PVR/backend.log
exec mythfrontend