[mythtv-users] DVD/Video playing via PVR350 slow?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Tue Dec 28 18:01:15 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Am using MythTV and my MII12000, and am trying to play DVD and
AVI/DivX/etc video via the PVR350.  When using mplayer, I find the
playback to be quite slow, but when using xine, better but not quite
perfect, but menus were painfully slow.  On the other hand, when playing
on the monitor, via the onboard VGA card, it plays perfect.  Is there
any way to improve DVD and video playback via the PVR350 or am I
consigned to play those 2 via the onboard TV-out of the motherboard so
have to unplug/plug cables when I want to watch video/live TV?

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers