[mythtv-users] Re: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Fri Dec 24 16:09:39 UTC 2004

"Select NULL" works for me when I run it manually:

#mysql -umythtv -pmythtv

mysql> SELECT NULL;
+------+
| NULL |
+------+
| NULL |
+------+
1 row in set (0.09 sec)

mysql>quit
#

So, it sounds like Mysql is giving you a connection error when the
program tries to kick it (sounds like a keep-alive sort of function),
which is what you suspected in the first place.  Uuuhh, ok, I've never
seen mysql timeout like that before, even when I haven't used it for
days, but, I don't have any power saver features running, other than
defaults.

Here's some threads that might help:

Variable that can be set in Mysql:
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/docs/mysql/SHOW-VARIABLES.html

Setting mysql server variables:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Server_system_variables.html

Setting wait_timeout variable:
http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/176811

I know none of this sounds simple, but it's all I could come up with.
Good luck,
Don