[mythtv-users] Running nuvexport on a remote host?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Dec 23 19:21:51 UTC 2004

> Ok. I can't do much about the config in the database because it need
> it to have RecodFilePrefix to be on the backend computer.

You're not making any sense.  Each host that runs mythtv has its own
RecordFilePrefix setting.  You could even manually set a field for the
machine you want to run nuvexport on and not have mythtv installed.

> However... I've successfully made my own copy of nuvexport, editing
> mythtv/recordings.pm:45, commenting the database access and adding my
> own path to the recodings.

The whole point of nuvexport is that it pulls show names, etc. from the
database.

> This should be very easy to do with simply adding another command line
> parameter like: nuvexport ---recodings=/mnt/nfs/somewhere/mythtv

That might be an acceptable addition.  However, so much of nuvexport
relies upon an installed version of mythtv (for database login info,
etc).  You don't actually need mythtv to be installed on the same host
that nuvexport runs on, but you do need it to be CONFIGURED.

-Chris