[mythtv-users] kinda OT: buying a new TV. Recommendations?

Jonathan Oexner jonathan.oexner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 16:42:33 UTC 2004

Check Ebay first.  Generally speaking, a TV is tough to ship, which
means that only people within driving distance of the seller will be
bidding.  Fewer bids -> lower price.  Also, it seems like there's an
awful lot of advertising for new TV's this X-mas season.  If any of it
worked, money-to-burn early adopters will be selling their "old" TV's
to make room for the new ones pretty soon.

-Jon

P.S.: It worked for me.  I got a Sony Wega 32" HD flatscreen (and the
stand) for $450 a month ago.