[mythtv-users] Re: atrpms-package-config vs medley-package-config(was: Fresh FC1 and Myth 0.16 install observations/questions)

George Lopez geokimlopez at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 16:38:48 UTC 2004

Axel,
   Thanks for the advice.  I did an apt-get for each
package separately and had good success -- except for
the mythdvd.  Below is the output from that effort.
Does not look much different from when I tried to
install mythtv-suite.

Now to install ivtv.  I already hit an obstacle with
that effort, but that may mean that I have to rebuild
the db.  Will know more later.

George

[root at localhost root]# apt-get install mythdvd
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean
that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using
the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet
been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is
extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report
against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the
situation:

  mythdvd: Depends: transcode (>= 0.6.8) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Broken packages
[root at localhost root]#