[mythtv-users] Re: atrpms-package-config vs medley-package-config(was: Fresh FC1 and Myth 0.16 install observations/questions)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Dec 20 11:24:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 09:19:07PM -0800, George Lopez wrote:
> Can anyone please help me?
> No progress for me.  I am installing myth on FC1 build
> (PVR250, P4 2.4 GHz)

>   mythtv-suite: Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.16) but it is
> not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
> [root at localhost root]#
>
> I feel like I have gone through all of the necessary trouble
> shooting steps to resolve install problems for mythtv, but I am
> really not having any luck at all.  I even ran the script to rebuild
> the database as listed in Jarod's FC3 install guide.  It was not
> this hard last time I tried to install myth on FC1.

Try installing only mythdvd, apt will then tell you why it cannot do
so mentioning other packages. Go one hunting the package that seems to
block the install and please report. I cannot reproduce this localy on
my last FC1 setup, but it isn't a pure ATrpms only box, so I may be
missing something in the repo.

It is probably transcode/avifile related I guess.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net