[mythtv-users] Lircd not surviving reboot.

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Sat Dec 18 23:55:14 UTC 2004

Ok, I've got my remote working (homebrew IR receiver) with mythtv now,
however only if I do the following before starting mythtv (which starts
up on bootup)

setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
modprobe lirc_serial
ln -s /dev/lirc0 /dev/lirc
/sbin/service lircd restart

After i do all the above (as root) and then start up myth frontend, my
remote works. My question is, how do I get this to all occur
automatically. I have

alias char-major-61 lirc_serial

in my /etc/modprobe.conf file. I thought this would load the
lirc_serial module, but I think the "setserial" line needs to be
executed.

Is the best thing to do to add these lines to my
/etc/init.d/mythbackend startup script? If so, does it matter where I
put it in the "start" clause (obviously before the "daemon mythbackend"
part)?

Noel