[mythtv-users] Some recordings only getting a few seconds

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Sat Dec 18 16:46:14 UTC 2004

My 0.16 setup has been working fine for a couple of months now (or since
0.16 came out, anyway), but the last few days it's been having problems
recording...

Some recordings seem to spontaneously abort. It doesn't happen to every
recording, and I haven't been able to track down any specific pattern
(i.e. only on one card, specific channels, etc.). Usually when it does
happen I only end up getting a few megabytes (less than a minute, usually).

There's nothing in the log to indicate any sort of problem ("Started
recording... Changing from None to RecordingOnly", then no messages
until recording is supposed to stop.)

Any ideas?

(0.16 on Fedora Core 2, 2 PVR-250 cards, nForce mobo, cheapo vid card
since it's a backend only)

Thanks,
Scott Nicholson