[mythtv-users] MythTVMediaCenter theme and OSD updated

Jason Gabriele jason.gabriele at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 05:30:29 UTC 2004

 >Thanks. I'll give that a go. But before I can do that...
 >
 >When I posted last night I subsequently rebooted my machine and when
 >mythfrontend came back up the UI was totally shot - only 1 menu item
 >displaying at a time, strange box outlines everywhere etc. Other themes
 >still worked fine so I obviously hadn't installed your theme
correctly. >I
 >had already installled MythTVMediaCenter from a .rpm and then I just
 >untarred your tar file into the /usr/share/themes/MythTVMediaCenter
 >directory. Was that wrong? perhaps I should have uninstalled the .rpm
 >1st?
 >What is the correct procedure for installing this?

Weird, another person is reporting problems with backgrounds not showing
up and now this. Try deleting the mythtvmediacenter directory entirely
and replacing it with the contents of the tar ball. I havent worked with
the rpms but there is no real installation for themes. Mythfrontend
simply detects which ones are in the themes directory and allows you to
choose between them. Keep in mind i have only tested these themes with
cvs, so I don't exactly know what they look like in .16(or earlier). I
know that location attributes were added to some elements after .16 was
released, so these will not show up correctly in .16. However I can
guarantee the MythWeb theme will not work at all (if you were planning
on using that).

I have also fixed the focus problem in the context menus. I plan on
releasing an update shortly.

--
Jason Gabriele
jason.gabriele at gmail dot com