[mythtv-users] UK Sky FTV Hardware reqs

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 08:04:04 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm getting poor DVB-T reception so I'm thinking of upgrading to a sky non-subscription system. I've read that Free-To-Air channels do not require a decoding card, but that Free-To-View channels do require one.

I was wondering if anyone could confirm exactly what hardware is required to receive Sky FTV for use with MythTV.

I've read that The Nexus-S can decode FTV channels (without a CAM module), but the Nova-S can't. I've also read that the CI modules for the Nexus-S is incompatible with Sky. Can anyone connfirm or correct these?

Thanks in advance,

Paul