[mythtv-users] Re: ALSA and .asoundrc help

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Dec 15 13:49:00 UTC 2004

David W Davis <davidw.davis at gmail.com> writes:

> Well....I now get sound when watching live tv and recordings by
> setting myth to use ALSA:mixed-digital.  I still get no sound in
> mythmusic.  I also only get sound on certain video files in mythmovie.

Reboot or unload/reload your snd_foo hardware module, and then listen
to mythmusic as the very first thing you do.  Let me know what
happens.

I find that something on my system (haven't figured it out yet) sets
data to "non-audio" as reported by iecset, but for some reason I can't
set it back to "audio" without unloading/reloading the module.

Cheers,
Kyle